If I ask someone which weather you like the most? 70% of them will answer winter. Yes, winter is the favourite season of most of the people. I am one of them who likes winter season. I like the snow fall and also the beautiful trees covered with snow. Fragrance of fresh flowers also makes me feel good. Celebrations of Christmas, New Year and our festival “Lohri” (celebrated in January) fill excitement in me. Everything looks beautiful in this season. However when It comes about hair and skin it always gives me pain as these are the main thing which gets affected by winters very easily. Also everybody wants to take care of these to ensure good looks. For few this problem is just not limited to general dry skin but it also causes them flaky and cracked skin. As winter is the season of chapped lips and dry skin, it is necessary to take extra care of skin. As I have shared some tips on hairs in my previous tips, now I would like to share some tips for skin care.
1. Water for Skin – Water is essential to maintain elasticity in the body and to reduce dryness. It is difficult to intake too much water in winters. You can use Luke warm water instead of normal water. Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of water content in them. Juice of carrot, apple and cucumber are the best sources of water. Milk is also a good option.
2. Use Gentle Moisturizer – Petroleum and Silicone, the most common ingredients in your lotion can be harmful for your skin. They can increase dryness of skin over time. It is necessary to choose gentle moisturizer for our self. You should choose an oil based moisturizer as it creates a protective shield on the skin. We can use moisturizer after a short interval of time to avoid dryness.
3. Avoid Hot Water – As we all know hot water leads to dandruff. Also hot water on skin leads to dry and flaky skin. So avoid using warm water on skin. You can use oil in water or can apply moisturizer on our body before taking bath.
“Beauty is being the best possible version of you on the inside and out.”
4. Use Sunscreen – Never think that sunscreen can only be used in summers. As sunscreen is used to avoid redness of skin in summers, it can also be used in winters to avoid rash skin. You can reapply it if you are out of home for a long time.
5. Keep Away from Harsh Soap – Soap can be harmful for skin as it contains alcohol and artificial fragrance. Use of aloe Vera and cocoa butter can be the better option for nourishing the skin.
6. Consult Skin Specialist – If your skin is suffering from eczema you must consult with a skin specialist. They can advice some better product according to your skin type.
7. Healthy Diet – Skin and hair types reflected by your diet. So it is important to take vitamins and iron rich diet. You must consider the healthy and balanced diet. Some skin friendly foods are – carrot, spinach, tomato, nuts, blue berries, beans and fish. Healthy choices are the best option to get glowing skin.
Hope these tips will help you to get charming and glowing skin.