I am pleased to welcome Atish Ranjan on board with his first guest post on Meetuplife. I hope you guys will enjoy reading this post.
Pinterest is image based social networking site which allows user to share and create theme based images and allow people to connect through the things which they find interesting and can share their idea to make it more attractive. Ben Sibermann is the founder of this site who is an American internet entrepreneur. He graduated from Yale in 2003 with a political science major and he also works for the sales of Google for a short period of time.
Businessman can create their page and advertise that on their site and according to a case a fashion website users visiting from pinterest spent $189 as compare to $85 spent from users coming from facebook. Retail companies have used the site very well for their purpose to show their products with best themes to impress the users and in March 2012 the value of pinterest is $1.5 Billion.
It is ranked fifteen in US and thirty six according to the world ranking using the three months traffic. In the starting of this site it was not successful but when the app of this site was launched on IPHONE it has received the highest downloader and from then it never looked back and about 20 million users are using pinterest for their connectivity. Pinterest overtook competing micro blogging site Tumbler with 25 million unique users per month.
Google is the main pinning source for this site along with the users. It is the site which became the largest of social media in US leaving behind LinkedIn also.
Features and Achievements.
Users can follow the category they like which make search easy for them and they can follow the people of their interest. You also have the gift category in which you can choose the gifts for your dear ones and price of the gift is also available with the pin.
- According to a survey pinterest attracts around 1200 users per minute which is a very large number and the pictures which are priced have more likes as compare to others which are free so it proves that people trust this site for their money.
- If you want to be a great cook you can save all the recipes here and can share with people to show them your taste and can also get ideas what to change.
- If you are businessman you can create your community here to see who are following you and make easy for them to search and find what they are looking for.
- If we look for the revenue per click it is very high for this site as compare to twitter and facebook.
- It is the fastest to touch the level of ten million users.
- It has won the best social media app and people voice award during Webby award 2012.
- An interesting fact about pinterest is that number of women using it is more as compare to men using it.
The users can upload the content they want as pins and pin boards are themed to categorize pins so that it becomes user friendly and easy to use. Pin It button is used to make a topic as your bookmark and next time when you have to search that topic you can easily find it in your bookmarks.
A nice combination of organizing things you love and share them. People use it for the wedding plan and decorating their homes. You can check your lifestyle and the trend people are following and according to that keep yourself updated. It is a cool and simple way of socializing so keep the good work with Pinterest and share the best experience with the people and with Pinterest.