These days due to busy schedule it is very difficult to maintain good diet. Winters makes it even more difficult to out for jogging or even for a morning walk early in the morning. People are now getting mentally tired instead of physical due to lot of technicalities involved in the day to day work. As earlier people used to work more physically to earn their livelihood however these days although job does not require lot of physical work but mental. People are spending 9 – 10 hours a day sitting on a seat working on a pc. This can be harmful for health and also it is decreasing the habit of walking in people. Due to this, fat gets collected on men’s tummy and women’s thighs. After some time this fat could get converted in many diseases.
So what should be done to avoid such problems? Mentioned below are the few tips in regards to this.
- First of all it is necessary to take micro breaks after regular intervals. When I say minor it could be for 5-7 seconds wherein you have to remove your hands from the keyboard. You can also stand, stretch your hands, relax and get back to work. Such breaks should be taken after every 8-10 minutes. These types of breaks are important to get refreshed during regular intervals.
- We should ensure that our both feet touching the ground while we are sitting on the seat. And we should sit behind enough so that our back is touching the seat. This will ensure that the weight of our body is more on ground rather than on our legs. So the height of the seat should be adjusted accordingly.
- To ensure better vision we could raise one finger in front of our eyes. Move your finger horizontally 5-10 times and try to focus on the tip of the finger. This will keep your eyes relaxed and also could help to improve your vision power.
- Further, you should move your neck right & left and up & down even while you are on your seat in order to relax the muscles.
- Avoid using office phones to talk to a colleague sitting in the next bay. It would be recommended to personally go there and discuss as this will help in moving the body.
- It is also important to take regular breaks along with the micro breaks like 15 minutes after 2 hours. You should take minimum 3 breaks in 9 hour shift which would have 2 “15 minutes” and 1 “30 minutes” break.
- Also make sure that you are also using the right pillow. As your pillow can increase neck and back pain. Don’t let your upper back and shoulder on the pillow.
So, these small and easy tips can help our body to reduce pains, stay fit for longer time. Also avoid taking medicines for small pains like headache, back pain or neck pain as we should not make our body addicted to these drugs.